Each year, children’s lives are saved with the use of child safety restraints. Proper usage of these safety seats can ensure more lives are saved and that our children are protected every time we start up our vehicle. Fred Caldwell Chevrolet in accordance with the Clover Police Department, Piedmont Medical Center and Safe Kids of York County, are proud to announce the date of the Second Annual Seat Check Saturday is next Saturday, September 21st from 10am-2pm.
Child safety seats can reduce fatal injury for infants by 71% and 54% for toddlers, ages 1-4. On average, 3 out of every 4 child safety seats are installed improperly. The most common installation mistakes include:
- The safety seat is the incorrect size for the child’s size and age
- The safety seat is facing the wrong direction
- Incorrect installation in accordance with the car’s air bags
- Not tightening the safety seat harness
- Improper use of locking clips with seat belts
- Seat belt is not tightened across the lap of the child
- The safety seat is broken or defective
We want to help our community become safer drivers and riders! Stop by our dealership next Saturday so our team of safety professionals can check your safety seats. A 10 minute stop could save a life.